Slow day around here...cleaning up the house and getting excited for my folks to come up this weekend. Josh has (you guessed it) basketball again and we love playing hotel to whoever will stay with us. [Note: I totally mean whoever, so if you're reading this and in the Phoenix area in need of a place to stay, you're welcome!]. Christian has been out all day at a day-time bachelor party for his med school buddy, Warner. He's a groomsmen in their wedding Saturday and I'm sure they're having a great time playing paintball and doing whatever else they're doing today.
I've been toying around with some new looks that I've been meaning to try. The last wedding we went to (for
Mrs. Angela KNOX!!!) was my time to work in some REAL victory rolls. I ABSOLUTELY love the victory roll and think they're the ultimate statement in vintage and can add a vintage flair to a more modern outfit.
I have a hard time with the victory roll because I have so much dang hair. Anyone who's been in proximity would agree, sometimes it's just more hair than I literally have space on my head for (the poor lady who did my wedding hair can vouch for that). I've been doing my hair with a vintage twist for quite some time now, but by twisting my hair to give the illusion of victory rolls.
For Saturday's festivities, I tried to do the actual roll and I had a huge, out of control freeway tunnel on my head, so I improvised again, but with more of an actual roll. I was pretty pleased with it, but still a little concerned about the...large-ness...of my hair, so I put some pins to the rolls to kick 'em down just a notch. I don't have a great photo, but I supposed it turned out all right.
Then, while blog browsing, I saw this photo of another beautiful blogger out there in the gigantic blog world, Amanda at
Here's looking at me, kid. She's really rocking these braids and I love the look so much. And the best thing about them, from an Arizona perspective (triple digits all week here, BTW)?! No hair on my neck or face or any other place that will cause copious amounts of sweat!
Again, no good photo (I'll do better next time), but it turned okay. I wore them to teach my class last night and they held up okay. Again, un-human amounts of hair that I have, I think next time I might break it into four braids instead of two. The two I did were super think and kind of hard to tame with the bobby pins.
I
can tell you that it felt VERY nice to have my hair off my neck, seeing how we topped out at 112 degrees yesterday.
For the next wedding this Saturday, I might try to do the braids with four instead of two. Or maybe I'll do that for the rehearsal lunch and try my victory rolls again for the wedding. I don't know. Thoughts?
Happy Thursday world.
<3
Ash & Viessey
1 comments:
BRAIDS! LOVE THEM!
Post a Comment