Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gimme a break.

Please. Really...give me one. I love breaks. They are way too few and far between. Luckily this weekend we've had one and we're really enjoying it so far. My sister and Kyle decided to come up for the weekend to continue to celebrate his birthday. Christian has been front loading his studying for this block (infectious disease!) so we could spend time with them and with his sister, her husband, and our niece and nephew who will be here from Seattle on Wednesday! I feel bad for him. This is a rough block (the second to last block EVER) and there are only two exams. Then hematology/oncology then Step 1, then clinical rotations!! I cannot believe how fast this is flying by. 

Onto our break!


Birthday boy!


Then shopping at Last Chance (this was right before they opened...people are cray-zeee!)


Then thrifting! Our favorite! (Little sister loves herself some vintage Pyrex.)




Ending the night with movies on the Apple TV and all of us crammed onto the tiny sofa bed. 


[Bonus game: can you spot the shiba?]

I'm glad we get them for part of tomorrow. We love it when they come and visit (especially Viesa!). Then it's back to serious business and a low key Super Bowl viewing. What about you...is this a busy time for you? School/work bogging you down? How do you find time to take a break? 

I guaruntee the next few posts will be filled to the brim with photos of our darling niece and nephew. This will be our first time meeting our niece Lilly (she's almost two months old) and we are dying to get our hands on her!

Hope you all enjoy Super Bowl Sunday. May either team win (we don't really care...we're college football people).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com