Sunday, March 13, 2011

hard times.

Papa looking dapper at our wedding.
As I write this, Christian is at home in bed without me and Miss V. My trip to Tucson has been prolonged for unfortunate circumstances. My grandpa, Dan, has been sick for a while and had problems off and on for a few years. He was admitted to the hospital on Friday talking took a turn yesterday/today. St. Joseph's is waiting for a hospice bed to open up for him, hopefully any minute now. My grandma is doing as okay as one could be doing at a time like this. I'm finding it incredibly strange to be on the opposite side of the hospital system and I don't really know how to feel or react. I've been extremely fortunate to have been constantly surrounded by family and friends who have all stuck around. My papa will be the first person I've known all of my life that has passed away and I'm trying to figure it all out. Right now, it's about being here for my grandma and praying for no pain. Thanks to those that have been thinking of and praying for my grandma.

We have had a full and fun weekend in Tucson, besides the turn for the worse near the end of it. I've got some pictures of Miss V (who got to see other mom, Gina!) and some shenanigans at my mom's house I'll post later. I also got to see Megan, nurse buddy who is here visiting from DC, plus some friends from high school and sweet little Emily who turns one week old on Monday. I didn't get to catch up with Miss Sarah Orzel, who I've been dying to see. Sorry, love. :/

I love all of you so much and am thinking about how grateful we are to have you in our lives. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Christian, if you're reading this, Viesa says goodnight (me too, I guess). :)

<3
Ash + V

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com